dandorfman (dandorfman) wrote,
dandorfman
dandorfman

Бьем исламофобов рублем!

Saudi man injured in Marathon bombings files defamation lawsuit against Glenn Beck

Glenn Beck on the set of his Fox News show on Jan. 16, 2009. B
A Saudi Arabian man who was injured in the Boston Marathon bombings and initially the focus of suspicion in the attack has filed a lawsuit against Glenn Beck for defamation and slander.

The lawsuit was filed against the conservative commentator for allegedly saying on air that the plantiff, Abdulrahim Alharabi, was “the money man behind the attack,” the Associated Press reports.


In the federal lawsuit filed Friday in Boston, plaintiff Abdulrahim Alharbi says as a result of Beck's statements tying him to the bombings that killed three, Alharabi's reputation has been "substantially and severely damaged."

After the bombings, several media outlets published reports saying Alharabi behaved suspiciously at the finish line and was tackled by a spectator. The 20-year-old was a student at the New England School of English on a full scholarship, according to The Washington Post. He was questioned by law enforcement officials, who also searched his Revere aparment, but later cleared him of any wrongdoing or involvement in the bombings.

Last year, Alharabi, who was injured in the bombings, spoke out about being scrutinized in the media, telling The Islamic Monthly that he was “double injured from the explosion and the media.” He also told the publication that he was never tackled by a spectator near the finish line, but was instead helped by a runner.

The lawsuit against Beck calls for a jury trial and unspecified damages.

Саудовский мужчина, который был ранен во взрывах на Бостонском марафоне и первоначально был в центре внимания по подозрению в нападении, подал иск против Гленна Бека за клевету и оскорбление .

Иск был подан против консервативного комментатора за то, что тот говорил в эфире, что Абдурахиму Аль-Арaби "дали деньги за нападение", сообщает агентство Ассошиэйтед Пресс .

В федеральном иске, поданном в пятницу в Бостоне , истец Абдурахим Аль-Араби утверждает что в результате заявлений Бека, связывающих его со взрывами, унесшими три жизни, репутации Аль-Араби "был нанесен существенный и серьезный ущерб."

После взрывов , ряд СМИ опубликовали сообщения о том, что  Аль-Араби вел себя подозрительно на финише и был замечен зрителями. 20 -летний студент New England School of Englsh, получивший полную стипенидии согласно The Washington Post, был допрошен сотрудниками правоохранительных органов, которые также искали его в Revere, в квартира на берегу Океана, но потом сняли с него все обвинения в причастности к взрывам.
Аль-Араби, который был ранен во взрывах, рассказал "Исламскому ежемесячнику", что он был "вдвойне ранен: от взрыва и СМИ."
Истец требует Суда Присяжных и возмещения всех неявных т.е. психологических травм.


Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments